Re: redo logs

From: Kristen Cameron <cameronkgd_at_inac.gc.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:33:00 -0400

I had the same messages. I went to Metalink,and found an explanation. = Based on that information, I chose to do nothing, since the error was only = occurring when the database was restarted after a cold backup.

Based on what I've read, the problem is usually caused by log switches = occurring too frequently. Check the alert log to see how often log = switches are occurring. You can either add redo log groups, and/or = increase the size of the redo log groups to reduce the frequency of log = switches.

There are also INIT.ORA parameters that can affect the frequency of log = switches. If these are set incorrectly, unnecessary log switches may be = occurring. Can't help you much here, since I didn't investigate this.

Hope that helps.