Database links

From: Newton, Jeff <Jeff.Newton_at_joondalup.wa.gov.au>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:03:40 +0800

Sun E2500
Solaris 2.6
Oracle 7.3.4
Oracle Financials 10.7
SqlNet v2

Help .........
I have been asked to setup a database link between 2 of our Financials instances.
I have read the Oracle7 Server Admin Guide: Managing Database links, but still can't get it to work.

Global_Name in both instances is not set, hence defaults to false.

our tnsnames.ora file on the client for the 2 instances look like this: fintest.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = cojsun01)
(Port = 1521)
) (ADDRESS =
(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = cojsun01)
(Port = 1526)
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = fintest)
    )
  )
fineval.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = cojsun01)
(Port = 1521)
) (ADDRESS =
(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = cojsun01)
(Port = 1526)
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = fineval)
    )
  )
The apps user in both instances have 'grant create database link to apps' set via user sys
The apps user in both instances have create session privs. Received on Tue Jul 11 2000 - 03:03:40 CDT