Database Management Tools

From: Peter Barnett <pkbarnett_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 19:13:17 -0700

I am involved in a project to identify and recommend enterprise wide tools for database management. We have looked at tools like DBArtisan and found them to have a really comfortable look and feel but lacking the scalability for a multi-state, cross platform database environment. At this point the major contenders are BMC and Oracle's OEM. We are looking for the basics first: change management, account management, space management, capacity planning, database reorganization. Better if it is web enabled and uses a repository or central file system.

Does anyone have any experience/recommendation for database management tools in a large environment?

Pete Barnett
Database Administrator
The Regence Group
pnbarne_at_regence.com Received on Thu Jul 06 2000 - 21:13:17 CDT