RE: Oracle installtion guidelines [NT]

From: Stephen Dance <steved_at_capbankcf.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 16:19:36 +0100

I would recommend RAID 1 for the boot drive (containing, in your scenario, the NT server s/w, Oracle s/w etc) as well as the other disks, so if ANY disk fails its only a hot plug away from fixing (I presume you're using H/W based RAID, not NT's software based solution)

On our main server we have RB, TEMP T/S and online redo logs all on dedicated volumes to split up the I/O - however, you may not have that luxury - personally I'd be uncomfortable having RB and online redo logs on the same volume, so I'd split them if nothing else, but you will need more disks.