Monitoring execution of Packages

From: Blum, Marc <blum_at_soptim.de>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:25:12 +0200

Hi all,

is there any possibility to determine,=20 if a package is already in execution by another user?

Our requierements are, that a specific very resource=20 intensive job is only executed once at a time. If another=20 user starts the job, the package should see, that it is=20 already being executed ba another user and should=20 return an error to the user.=20
Further, it would be great to see from outside, if the=20 execution hangs, so some admin could kill it.

Our ideas are:

Is there any dynamic performance view, wich=20 supports our requierements?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanx very much
Marc

 Marc Blum
 SOPTIM GmbH
 Gr=FCner Weg 22-24
 D-52070 Aachen -Germany-
Phone: +49-(0)241-91879-29
Fax: +49-(0)241-154038 Received on Fri Jun 30 2000 - 01:25:12 CDT