Re: Control file question

From: Suhen Pather <pathers5_at_telkom.co.za>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:24:51 +0200

Hi there

I have created a small database to play around with on my HP workstation. I am having exactly the same problem.
I am not sure why it does not generate a trace file. I have checked in the udump. Also the alert log. In the alert log it states that the statement was issued but there are no = file generated.

I am not sure if there are any parameters that should be set in the init = file.
I dont thinks so though.

I have issued this command several times on other databases to recreate = the controlfile.
And it works.

But with my new play database it does not want to work.

I will be glad to get an answer on this one cause this is holding me back = with my backup and recovery prep for my OCP.

Regards
$uhen

>>> pimaco_oracle_at_yahoo.com 06/30/00 06:56AM >>> It's there. You just need to make sure you are looking at the right trace = file.

Do You Yahoo!?
Get Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere! http://mail.yahoo.com/=20
--=20
Author: Steve Boyd
  INET: pimaco_oracle_at_yahoo.com=20
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jun 30 2000 - 02:24:51 CDT