RE: SQL*Loader

From: Henry Poras <HPoras_at_ctp.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:52:27 -0400

Thought I had something tucked away in my notes on this. T. Kyte wrote a reply to a similar question in the comp.databases.oracle.tools newsgroup. You can search for it through dejanews. It is dated 9/2/98, titled 'How to skip the first two fields in sql*loader'.

Roughly it says that SQL*Loader by itself cannot do this. However, on a UNIX system you can cut the file and pipe the output to Loader. He also does this with a pl/sql sql*loader combination.

If you have any trouble finding the note, just send me an e-mail and I can fax over a copy.

Henry