RE: Granting sysdba to a user

From: <mleith_at_bradmark.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:21:42 +0100

Raman

I feel it necessary to warn you of the consequences that could bite you in=20= the *** as a result of granting this role=2E=20=

Granting SYSDBA to a user allows the user *ALL* system privileges with ADMIN=20=
OPTION, SYSOPER privileges (STARTUP, SHUTDOWN, ALTER DATABASE OPEN/MOUNT,=20=
ALTER DATABASE BACKUP, ARCHIVE LOG, and RECOVER, and includes the RESTRICTED=20=
SESSION privelege)=2E As well as permitting CREATE DATABASE and time-based=20= recovery=2E

Make sure that the user you are granting this role to has the proper=20= knowledge to use this role with the greatest of care=2E If it were me, I have=20= to say that I would not grant this to any user other than a Senior DBA=2E=20=

Just my 2 pence=2E

Cheers

Mark

Author: raman=2Eyagna_at_db=2Ecom
Date:       6/26/00 11:34 PM

Hi all,
      Sorry for the previous mail=2E Clicked the wrong icon (send) =2E

My environment is
ORacle 8=2E1=2E6 =2E
Aix 4=2E3=2E2

     What should i do to grant SYSBDA to user created =2E Now its failing with the following error ,

ORA-01994: GRANT failed: cannot add users to public password file

I connect as ,

sqlplus /nologs
connect / as sysdba

regards,
Raman

To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity=2Ecom
cc:

Hi all,

       I'm new to DBA related jobs=2E My boss wants to grant sysdba to a user =2E

regards,
Raman

also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing)=2E Received on Tue Jun 27 2000 - 09:21:42 CDT