RE: Temp Segment max extent reached

From: Singla, Sanjeev <SSingla_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:09:48 -0400

Actually this is a weird oracle messgae, which sometimes mislead new DBA's It is not bombing out on TEMP , but it is trying to create temp segment in STAGE_D and reaching the max extents. Look for the storage parameters of STAGE_D. You are right temp tablespace is only 0.031m because this query shoud not even look at temp tablespace. It will create temp segments in STAGE_D and finally rename them to actual table
i.e TEMP_TB

Cheers