Re: bitmap indexes in 7.3.4

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:59:48 -0400

Rachel=20
Please excuse my ignorence. Where do you find any reference to Parallel = Query option and the Bitmap indexes? I could not find it any where. Is it = from trial and error (experience)? or book learned> Ron ROgers

>>> carmichr_at_hotmail.com 06/23/00 10:43AM >>>
Okay...... we figured out the problem. We have Enterprise Edition but = you=20
also need to have parallel query running.....

as it turns out, it's academic.... the distribution (over 400,000 rows) on = a=20
yes/no columns is 13 rows yes, the remainder no

>From: "Rachel Carmichael" <carmichr_at_HOTMAIL.COM>
>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
>Subject: bitmap indexes in 7.3.4
>Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 02:15:33 -0800
>
>Okay, even goddesses need help sometimes :)
>
>I KNOW I can create bitmap indexes in 7.3.4, I've done it at other =
jobs.=20
>But
>for the life of me, I can't remember what it is that I need to do that I =
am
>not already doing....
>
>v733_plans_enabled=3Dtrue
>compatible=3D7.3.4.0
>
>and I say "create bitmap index indexname on tablename(column)"
>
>and it barfs on the word bitmap.....
>
>so what am I doing wrong????
>
>THANKS!!!
>
>Rachel
=20

>--
>Author: Rachel Carmichael
> INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com=20

--=20
Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Fri Jun 23 2000 - 10:59:48 CDT