RE: How to set SGA size initially?

From: kgopalakrishnan <kgopalakrishnan_at_mantraonline.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:43:51

Gaja / Vikas !

I agree with Gaja except for the log buffer size. Bigger buffer(s) size is/are always NOT better (atleast in) LOG_BUFFERS.

The ideal size for log buffer will be 3-4 times of your average redo size (redo bytes/ redo writes).

And increasing log buffers beyond 512 k will not yield any significant benefit and will be wasted (lgwr will start writing to log files once the buffer is 33% full.. right?) and some times it MAY increase the commit confirmation delay.

YMMV K Gopalakrishnan
Bangalore, INDIA
http://www.geocities.com/kgkrish