Re: DB Block Buffers - Too Much ???

From: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha <gajav_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:28:38 -0700 (PDT)

David,

Thanks for your e-mail and your clarification. I stand corrected. I distinctly remember reading about this around the 1995 timeframe(during the Sparc 2000 days) and speaking to an individual an a Sun Solution Center in "The Valley" about this. Unfortunately, I don't remember his name, but so much for that...;-)

He had very clearly explained to me how the algorithm touched the pages in the page table, so that the pages do not get paged out, due to the natural progression of pages to the bottom of the "least recently used" list of the page table.

Anyhow, the important thing is correct dissemination of information and I appreciate you for taking the time to write to me about how this feature currently/correctly works. I am copying the list members so that they can benefit from your message.

Thanks again,

Gaja.

> Hope this helps.
>
> Dave Miller
> Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha | gajav_at_yahoo.com Brio Technology | (972)-304-1170

"Opinions and views expressed are my own and not of Brio Technology" Received on Thu Jun 22 2000 - 21:28:38 CDT