Re: 8.0.5 to 8.0.6 wariness

From: <rsands_at_lendleaserei.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 14:53:47 -0400

Michael,

8.0.5 is being desupported at the end of June, so you should upgrade your production system soon anyway. It's a very minor upgrade; I did all of our development environments a few weeks ago, and will be upgrading the production nodes this weekend. We haven't had any problems.

Test/development environments should always be as similar to your production environment as possible. I don't think I'd leave them on different versions any longer than necessary to test 8.0.6 before upgrading production.

Robyn

Michael Johnson <mjohnson138_at_yahoo.com> on 06/20/2000 01:59:45 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Robyn Sands/US1/Lend Lease)

Subject: 8.0.5 to 8.0.6 wariness

Hello all,

We are running 8.0.5 on a production machine and would like to be able to replicate it. Due to a problem with some consultants, we have an 8.0.6 CD which we will use to install onto a local machine (we'll use this machine to replicate to the 8.0.5 production box). I'm wondering whether there are any caveats I should be worried about in doing so.

The intent at the beginning was to have the same OS and the same database on both ends for consistency, but this is no longer an option.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Michael

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/
Author: Michael Johnson