RE: Locally Managed Tablespace Survey

From: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha <gajav_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:04:23 -0700 (PDT)

Chris,

Yes, I agree that it is worthwhile to locally manage temp spaces, no question about it. I am just not sure about the 125 minute clean up interval (whether it even occurs). In my experience, last tested in 8.0.5.X on Solaris, HP-UX, SGI Irix, and NT, I have not seen the clean up work at the interval you mention. I am curious to find out what your experience is. Is this 125-minute cleanup a new feature in 8i?

Thanks,

Gaja.

Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha | gajav_at_yahoo.com Received on Mon Jun 19 2000 - 11:04:23 CDT