Re: Completely off-topic, gas-prices

From: I.S. Manager <ismgr_at_pctc.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 08:01:19 -0700

At 05:49 AM 6/16/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Eric,
>
>You should also take in consideration your daily mileage.
>For me just to drive to work and back home is ~50 miles (and this not
>something extraordinary - many people here, in US, have to drive more).
>Now convert this number to kilometers and compare to how far you have to
>drive to work.

Every morning I climb on the bus, whip open my laptop, put on the headphones, and listen to a CD while doing some programming. It's about a 45 minute ride, but who cares?

I'm not going to go into the big "you should be using transit" speech. In many places, transit sucks, and if so they don't deserve ridership. But I'm one of the lucky ones.

---
Dennis Taylor
---
The opinions expressed herein are mine. Get your own opinions!