Re:Auto-run batch processes in Oracle

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:26:02 -0400

Shiva,

    Once you have the procedure written (functions I do not believe can be used directly) then you can use the DBMS_JOB package to schedule the job. Use the "submit" procedure whose's definition is:

dbms_job.submit(job#, what_do_I_do, when_should_I_start, what_interval,

            defer_parsing?);

Where:

    job# is a number that will be returned.     what_do_I_do is the procedure you want run (I think this can be a PL/SQL block as well

    when_should_I_start is a date field, can be sysdate.     What_interval is a character field that would evaluate to a date

    defer_parsing is a boolean that defaults to false.  It tells the
database whether to parse teh <what_do_I_do> field now or when      first
executed.

Example that I have:

    declare

        job number;
    begin

        dbms_job.submit(job,

'data_archive.process_batch',
trunc(sysdate)+(18/24),
'trunc(sysdate+1)+(18/24)',
FALSE); dbms_output.put_line('Job Number is '||job);
    end;
    /
Subject: Auto-run batch processes in Oracle Author: "B Siva Shankar" <bsshankar_at_chennai.tcs.co.in> Date: 6/16/00 4:27 AM

Hi List,

Can any one tell me how to make a batch process run at a predetermined time in ORACLE? This batch process can be a procedure or a function and should run at regular intervals.

Thanks,
Shiva.

Author: B Siva Shankar
  INET: bsshankar_at_chennai.tcs.co.in