Re[2]: Completely off-topic, gas-prices

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:44:36 -0400

Dennis,

    That may well be true, but since our British friends/colleagues don't have to put up with the EPA they get about twice the miles per unit of fuel that we do. They also don't have the desire for all of the Sport Utility Vehicles (or more properly Suburban Assault Vehicles) and their poor gas mileage that we do. It was great doing a tune up on a British spec Mazda back in the early 80's. You opened the hood and there was the engine. No hoses, catalytic converters, blowers, and other horsepower robbing stuff hung off of the side.

Subject: Re: Completely off-topic, gas-prices Author: dmeng_at_focal.com
Date: 6/16/00 7:26 AM

I know the living cost is more expensive in Europe but your E-mail is still a shocker to me. I guess I (and a lot
of folks in the US) am not used to this kind of price jack-ups. I miss the good old days ( yeah, about a year and half ago) when the the gas price for the Regular is around 80 cents a gallon. On the other hand, we are DBAs and we
are making the big bucks ( don't mean to start another off-topic thread here ), I guess we should not be whining , right?

Dennis Meng
Database Administrator
Focal Communications
847-954-8328

                    "Eric Lansu"

                    <eric.lansu_at_qu        To:     Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-L
                    icknet.nl>            <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

                    Sent by:              cc:

                    root_at_fatcity.c        Subject:     Completely off-topic,
gas-prices
                    om

                    06/16/00 07:17

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to ORACLE-L

You think that's expensive?
I'v converted the gallon to 3.78541 Liter, and the Dollar to f2.30 dutch guilder.
1 Liter of unleaded fuel costs f2.70 here so;

The gallon would cost us here in Holland $4.45 so two times your price! Talking about the price of living......

Eric Lansu

Author: Eric Lansu
  INET: eric.lansu_at_quicknet.nl

  INET: dmeng_at_focal.com