Re: ORACLE_HOME to point to a different machine

From: guy ruth hammond <grh_at_agency.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 14:38:49 +0100

"Gopal, Umesh" wrote:

> I have got a WEB server application that requires the ORACLE_HOME variable,
> the oracle
> server is on a different physical machine, is there a way that I can set the
> ORACLE_HOME on the web_server machine to point
> to the home directory on the machine with oracle ?? If yes, how can I do
> this

Set the ORACLE_HOME to the directory where you installed the Oracle client. If you haven't installed Oracle client on the web server, you should do that.

guy ruth hammond <grh_at_agency.com> | One is punished for being
Technology Analysis & Consulting  | weak, not for being cruel.
07879607148 http://www.agency.com |       -- Baudelaire