RE: Import Informix

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 15:17:03 -0400

There are several ways:
1) Oracle has a gateway product which makes an Informix database to look

   like oracle database to another oracle gateway. It used to be called    Informix gateway.
2) You can write a set of perl programs (using DBI, of course) that will

   copy the data from the Informix database to an Oracle database. This is    ideal for a one time deal.
3) you can write an external procedure for Oracle8i which would access Informix

   database and get you the required data. 4) You can use Java/JDBC to accomplish the same thing. 5) You can export your informix data into a set of ASCII files and load them into

   Oracle with SQL*Loader (lightning fast, but messes up my weekends)

I'm sure that there are other ways, too, but that's all I can think of on Friday afternoon.