Re: 8.03 Intelligent Agent on NT4.0 SP5

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 07:13:53 -0400

Actually the agent's problems were less with 8.0.5.1. But I would try a cold start of the agent:

1. remove all .q files from ORACLE_HOME/network/agent
2. stop the agent
3. make sure the all dbsnmp processes are killed
4. start the agent
5. check for the dbsnmp processed (on UNIX there are two processes)
If you are using OEM remove the nodes on the box where the agent lives and after doing the above rediscover them. You will have to resubmit all jobs that were scheduled. Remove all events that are registered on the node and re-register them.

If all this does not help, call OWS. De-supported means they will not fix any new bugs but they will still help you.

Contact me directly if you have any questions, Ruth B. Gramolini
ORACLE & DB2 DBA
VT Dept. of Taxes
ph# 802.828.5708
fax# 802.828..3754