Re: DW

From: Stephen Andert <StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:39:08 -0600

Lisa:

It sounds like you are referring to SAFE. We have adopted this strategy = and it seems to be working pretty well. =20

I don't remember where I got it, but try Metalink and a couple of the = other Oracle sites searching for Tablespace Management. Unfortunately, I = can't find the pdf I downloaded. If I run into it again, I'll send you a = copy.

Stephen Andert

>>> Lisa_Koivu_at_gelco.com 06/14 1:20 PM >>>
I remember seeing a discussion about DW tablespaces and extent sizing a = while
back. Does anyone have a white paper that discusses this? It had = something to
do with storing small, med, large, and very large objects in different tablespaces with different yet uniform extent sizes. I have a chance to redesign the database and storage for one of our data warehouses and I'd = like to
do it right since I have a ton of disk available.

Thanks
Lisa
Minneapolis,MN,USA
*I am growing more gray hair today*

--=20
Author:=20
  INET: Lisa_Koivu_at_gelco.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 14 2000 - 15:39:08 CDT