Re: SQL Tuning tips document?

From: Marin Dimitrov <marin_at_sirma.bg>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:08:33 +0300

> Can some one send me pointers about a SQL tuning document or tips and tricks

> doc. which gives me kind of a refresher?
>
> I know about the manuals:-) just looking for a quick and neat little doc.

U may find these white papers useful:

"Oracle Performance and Tuning: Overview"
http://pillango.sirma.bg/oracle/N014_p%26t_overview.pdf

"Performance Tuning - Now You are the V8 Expert"
http://pillango.sirma.bg/oracle/N023_tun_all.doc

"Identifying Resource Intensive SQL in a production environment" -
http://pillango.sirma.bg/oracle/N026_tuning2.pdf

"Database Tuning Methodology" -

http://pillango.sirma.bg/oracle/N027_DB_Tune.doc

"SQL Tuning for the Oracle DBA" -

http://pillango.sirma.bg/oracle/N050_tuning.pdf

"Practical Tuning Advice for the Oracle8 DBA" -
http://pillango.sirma.bg/oracle/N064_tuning.pdf

"Finding the Performance Bottlenecks in Your Application" -
http://pillango.sirma.bg/oracle/N067_performance.pdf

"Inside the Oracle Cost Based Optimizer" -
http://pillango.sirma.bg/oracle/N080_optimizer.doc

"Seven Deadly SQL Traps and How to Avoid Them" -
http://pillango.sirma.bg/oracle/N082_tuning.doc

"Secrets of SQL and Application Tuning" -
http://pillango.sirma.bg/oracle/N108_tuning.doc

best wishes,

    Marin

"When brought to meaning, all importance becomes small, as in death,
all life seems nothing. Knowing is destroyed by thinking, distilled into knowledge"

                                                 William Wharton, "Birdy"