RE: Oracle on Linux Anyone?

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:12:03 -0700

Not Oracle/Linux, but perhaps generaly interesting:

   http://www.internetwk.com/story/INW20000530S0004

"Google Bets The Ranch On Linux"

excerpt: Support was another factor in

                choosing Linux, Google said. The
                company has Linux expertise
                in-house, and values the ability to
                look at the source code to correct
                problems, rather than having to
                rely on a vendor. And where the
                in-house expertise fails, Google
                has found the Linux community
                responsive with fixes.

(linked from: http://www.google.com/press.html )

> some people are not so happy with downloading oracle, but with the cable
> modem
> it was all done in approximately 2 hours. I'm not sure how much time it
> would require with 1200 kbaud/s modem.

ha ha. by then Oracle9 will be out, and you'd have to start over. Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 14:12:03 CDT