RE: KEEP pool and manually uncaching objects

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 17:07:33 +1000

Hi Mark,

It all works as you would hope. The blocks previously read into the KEEP buffer pool stay there subject to normal KEEP LRU semantics (which are very different between 8.0 and 8.1), and will be aged out by blocks from the new day's partition, again subject to normal KEEP LRU semantics.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/