RE: Redo logs on mirrored disks

From: Norwood Bradly A <Bradley.A.Norwood_at_M1.IRSCOUNSEL.TREAS.GOV>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:02:35 -0400

Robyn:

Have not yet read that tip from Steve Adams, but I value his opinions very highly.

However, Oracle seems to go with multiplexing as shown by their caveat regarding o/s or hardware corruption:

In my shop, we do both mirroring and multiplexing

Multiplexing Online Redo Log Files
Oracle provides the capability to multiplex an instance's online redo log files to safeguard against damage.
You can also mirror your redo logs at the O/S level, but in so doing you run the risk of O/S or hardware induced corruption. In most cases, multiplexing of online logs is best.