RE : Database Down, can you help???

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 16:03:29 +0200

Steve,

   Looks like your database is in a mess. It's likely to be in the memory, so try a startup force, and if it fails a shutdown abort. If it _still_ fails, I would reach for my bazooka and ipcrm shared memory segments, semaphores and everything used by Oracle since you no longer have any process. Oracle equivalent of a machine reboot. Normally it should then startup properly.
You should check in your bdump directory if some background process has not left something behind before dying.

--
Regards,

  Stephane Faroult
  email: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com