RE: Developer's downloadable Java applet

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_bcbso.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 08:28:04 -0700 (PDT)

I've used Netscape, IE4 and IE5 to run Forms on Dev Server.

You don't need to do anything to use IE5, it just won't download Jiniator.

One comment; while the JVM in IE5 alleviates the need for Jinitiator, Jinitiator does a better job than the JVM in IE5.

Scrolling in the browswer in IE5 is rather choppy.

Jared

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, [ISO-8859-1] J=E4ck Stephan wrote:

> Hello Melanie,

>=20

> Jinit OR IE 5: that's just the topic I'm interested, too.=20
> I have no access to metalink and cannot find any papers about the
> exact way to customize the application to use the IE 5 JRE and not send
> an Oracle jinitiator
> Have you the papers available and can mail me these direct?
>=20

> It would help me much
> TIA
>=20
>=20

> Stephan
>=20

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-) Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
jkstill_at_bcbso.com - Work - preferred address Received on Thu Jun 08 2000 - 10:28:04 CDT