RE: Datafiles - Free space

From: Miller, Jay <JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 14:26:45 -0400

And if you're going to be doing this anyway, you might want to move to Uniform Extent Sizing while you're at it by precreating all segments in a given tablespace with identical initial and next extent sizes. This will eliminate fragmentation problems in the future.

See this paper:

http://metalink.oracle.com/cgi-bin/cr/getfile_cr.cgi?239049

Author: Weerd de E.C. Kirsten
  INET: Kirsten.deWeerd_at_Oranjewoud.nl