Re: Oracle 8.1.6 on NT -- Memory

From: guy ruth hammond <grh_at_agency.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 23:37:50 +0100

Ann Horton wrote:

> I have just installed Oracle 8.1.6 on NT 4.0, and I'd like to reduce the
> memory that Oracle is using for it's Java Virtual Machine. I have heard
> that it is possible to do this with 8.1.6.
>
> Can one have any experience with this? Anything that I should be aware of?

Hello,

Just modify your initSID.ora. You can drop the Java pool to 2M without it complaining. Oracle advise that the SGA not be less than 15M for replication etc. to function correctly. Defaults on my laptop were 20M and 52M, respectively. (NT4SP5, not tried with Win2000 on laptop yet).

guy ruth hammond <grh_at_agency.com> | One is punished for being
Technology Analysis & Consulting  | weak, not for being cruel.
07879607148 http://www.agency.com |       -- Baudelaire