RE: Hot backup files, FTP to different box, recovery session canc

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 18:29:33 GMT

LInda,

not quite...you still need to start the recovery, even if you cancel it

so....

startup mount
recover database until cancel;
(then cancel it)

alter database open resetlogs;

best is to ALWAYS create a backup controlfile and use that:

on the original system:

alter database backup controlfile to <somefilename>;

then copy somefilename to the control file locations on the new system.

startup mount
recover database until cancel using backup controlfile; (then cancel it)

alter database open resetlogs;

I think that will do it for you.

Rachel