RE: Unix level to start Oracle

From: Bruce Page <bpage_at_kimball.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 07:44:21 -0500

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFD07E.45FEA9FC

        charset="iso-8859-1"

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Nancy McCormick wrote:

> Ok, I am going to show my ignorance. What are you talking about when > you say starting the server in level 2 or level 3?

If you have the permissions to get into the /sbin/rc*.d (on HPUX) directories, you can look around and see what is stopped and started where and when and in what order. Check with your system admin to find out where the directory is for your system. The programs are run in sorted order. The programs that start with 'S' start processes and the programs that start with 'K' kill processes.

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFD07E.45FEA9FC

        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>RE: Unix level to start Oracle</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Nancy McCormick wrote:</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Ok, I am going to show my ignorance.&nbsp; What =
are you talking about when</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; you say starting the server in level 2 or level =
3?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>If you have the permissions to get into the =
/sbin/rc*.d (on HPUX) directories, you can look around and see what is = stopped and started where and when and in what order.&nbsp; Check with = your system admin to find out where the directory is for your = system.&nbsp; The programs are run in sorted order.&nbsp; The programs = that start with 'S' start processes and the programs that start with = 'K' kill processes.</FONT></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>