Re: Oracle 8.1.6 on NT -- Memory

From: Ann Horton <ahorton2_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 13:22:39 -0600

Thanks for the advice Igor.

I was seeing a "default" SGA size of close to 120MB on my laptop for Oracle 8i Rel 2. Any other suggestions for reducing it are quite welcome. I need to configure it so that it will run Designer 6.

When I was running Oracle 8.0.5 and 7, I could get by with an SGA of about 22MB, but it looks like Oracle 8.1.6 will require substantially more.

Ann Horton