RE: Working, middle of night

From: Linda Hagedorn <Linda_at_pets.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 04:09:50 -0700

This is regarding shutdown. After ALTER DATABASE RENAME 21 files, I shutdown the database and am still waiting for it to finish (over 10 minutes). I'd like it to come down faster, or be able to check that it isn't hung up. I logged into another session and tried to SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE, but the command was not permitted as the database was in the process of shutting down?

Is there a way to see the status of a closing/shuting down instance? Would it be recommended to kill it from Unix?

Thanks, LInda Received on Tue Jun 06 2000 - 06:09:50 CDT