Media recovery, after rename

From: Linda Hagedorn <Linda_at_pets.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 04:43:31 -0700

Hello,

Thanks for the help so far. The database is up, but I'm receiving an error message saying media recovery is necessary on one of the files: ORA-01113: file 1 needs media recovery
ORA-01110: data file 1:
'/opt/oracle/app/oracle/oradata/PETS/data/system01.dbf'

This instance was build with data files from production, so I don't expect any error in the data, and don't have backups to speak of. I can copy from production, but since the archive and online logs are present, can I just RECOVER DATABASE? Any information is appreciated.

Thanks, Received on Tue Jun 06 2000 - 06:43:31 CDT