Re: Remote Procedure

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_bcbso.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 07:24:56 -0700 (PDT)

We have done this with VB and Oracle stored code, and it continues to work properly.

Code examples would be nice.

Also, the error message indicates that this may be a bug.

Jared

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000, ALTAIR, RSP_4 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently, we are developing a client server architecture with Visual Basic
> and Oracle 8i.
> We are using :
> Visual Basic 6.0 SP3 (We used Remote Data Object to connect to Oracle)
> ORACLE 8i v8.1.5.0.0 + patch v8.1.5.1.0
> ODBC Driver v8.01.56.00
>
> Client can be running a version of Personal Oracle 8 and we have a pl/sql
> procedure on them that create a
> database link and lock tables on main server.
>
> When we connect to laptop database sevrer via VB/RDO/ODBC, and we call the
> pl/sql procedure the oracle laptop server returns
> ORA-2041 ?
>
> What is the problem ? How to correct this ? Is there a patch ?
>
> I think that the problem comes from ODBC Driver because when we launch the
> same procedure in a sqlplus environment (connected to laptop server), the
> procedure succeeds.
>
> Thanks
>
> Seb
>
> --
> Author: ALTAIR, RSP_4
> INET: RSP_4.ALTAIR_at_EU.RHODIA.COM

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-) Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
jkstill_at_bcbso.com - Work - preferred address Received on Tue Jun 06 2000 - 09:24:56 CDT