Remote Procedure

From: ALTAIR, RSP_4 <RSP_4.ALTAIR_at_EU.RHODIA.COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:10:32 +0200

Hi,

Currently, we are developing a client server architecture with Visual Basic and Oracle 8i.
We are using :

Visual Basic 6.0 SP3 (We used Remote Data Object to connect to Oracle)
ORACLE 8i v8.1.5.0.0 + patch v8.1.5.1.0
ODBC Driver v8.01.56.00

Client can be running a version of Personal Oracle 8 and we have a pl/sql procedure on them that create a
database link and lock tables on main server.

When we connect to laptop database sevrer via VB/RDO/ODBC, and we call the pl/sql procedure the oracle laptop server returns ORA-2041 ? What is the problem ? How to correct this ? Is there a patch ?

I think that the problem comes from ODBC Driver because when we launch the same procedure in a sqlplus environment (connected to laptop server), the procedure succeeds. Received on Mon Jun 05 2000 - 10:10:32 CDT