Re:Web enabled forms

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_bcbso.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 11:46:35 -0700 (PDT)

OAS is not needed to run forms on the web.

What is needed is developer server. OAS acts only as the http listener for developer server, so any http daemon will work.

There are issues with running any browser based app.

How will printing work?
ditto for reporting.

Are you converting an existing Forms app?

Things such as DDE will not work then.

Take a look at MetaLink and search for
Developer Server and Reports Server, as there are a number of papers available.

Far too much to go into much detail with in an email.

Jared

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000 dgoulet_at_vicr.com wrote:

> Nigel,
>
> I'd provide an answer. but it's more of a developer question which now
> (thankfully) is not in my area of responsibility. BUT, as I understand it
> you'll need Developer 2000 to create the forms and them OAS to run them from the
> web. Otherwise it's no different than any other forms app.

> Author: Thomas.Nigel_at_viaginterkom.de
> Date: 6/6/00 8:25 AM
>

> Listers,
>
> Is there anybody out there that is interested in oracle or is list just for chat
> room/ life discussions?
>
> Is my question so difficult to answer?
>
> Regards
>
> Nigel Thomas
>
> ---------------------- Forwarded by Thomas Nigel/CFO/EXTERN/VIAGInterkom on
> 05/06/2001 17:09 ---------------------------
>

> Thomas Nigel
> 06/06/2000 12:32
>
> To: oracle-l_at_fatcity.com
> cc:
>

> Hi listers,
>
> What do I need to enable my developers to access my database (read, update etc)
> via the company intranet.
> Is it that I need the application server and designer 2000/developer 2000 to
> create the forms?
> Are there any drawbacks?
>
> Regards
>
> Nigel Thomas

> INET: Thomas.Nigel_at_viaginterkom.de

> INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

Jared Still
Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-) Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon Received on Tue Jun 06 2000 - 13:46:35 CDT