fwd: Sun box, existing Oracle instance, need to add

From: GenericOracleList <ORALIST_at_sswdserver.sswd.csus.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 12:29:04 PST

The below person has already call OWS, and is waiting. I told her to get on Metalink, but got no response, so it may not be possible.

Can anyone with Sun multi-instance docs in etext forward them to:

 Linda_at_PETS.COM

Does anyone know if there are multi-instance docs for Sun on technet?

thanks!

Date sent: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 11:19:47 -0700 Send reply to: "ORACLE database mailing list." <ORACLE-L_at_lists.sunysb.edu>

From:           Linda Hagedorn <Linda_at_PETS.COM>
Subject:        Sun box, existing Oracle instance,
                need to add second instance wi thout CD
To:             ORACLE-L_at_lists.sunysb.edu

Hello,

I have a sun box with an existing Oracle instance and need to add a second instance, and I don't have the install cd.

I'm looking for the steps to copy the bin, create a new initSID.ora, and generate the scripts/etc. to install the second instance. Does anyone have a reference to a page with install doc bypassing the CD orainst, and instead using the files of an existing instance to create the secondary?

Any information or referral is appreciated. Received on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 15:29:04 CDT