Re: Re[2]: SPEED-UP OPERATION

From: paquette stephane <stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 08:47:20 -0700 (PDT)

I can not agree more !!!

Tuning the database will have less impact than tuning the application. Take your white gloves to announce that. Here, the web developpers did not like it when I told them that they have a bigger impact than me on performance.

Now, I just show their queries before and after I tuned them with the impact on time and ressources consumption. And that's just tuning the sql individually without looking at the whole thing.

Good luck.

Stephane Paquette
DBA Oracle
stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com