Re[2]: still further off topic --> RE: Work vs marriage

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 08:56:03 -0400

Scott,

    Your wife leaving the military was probably a boost to your fortunes. I know!!

Dick Goulet. MSgt, USAF(retired)

Subject: Re: still further off topic --> RE: Work vs marriage Author: "Scott Shafer" <scott.shafer_at_ildmail.com> Date: 6/1/00 3:29 PM

Immediately after our first child was born, my wife was put on 12 hour nights (she was still in the military). I learned about single parenting (a newborn) for 3 months - more than I ever wanted to know. My wife stays at home with both of our children now, and we're all happier. We also end up ahead of where we were financially when we both worked. This is _not_ a chauvinist rant. After taxes, daycare, gas for second vehicle, etc., we were spending more than she made up for with her income. It just wasn't worth it. The kids are happier with Mommy around, and my wife is less stressed out, which makes "home life" much nicer.

Scott Shafer
San Antonio, TX

Author: Scott Shafer
  INET: scott.shafer_at_ildmail.com