RE: Login.sql and global name value

From: Willett, Mark <mwillett_at_sunnen.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 07:54:45 -0500

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_000_01BFCAFF.6564F690

In our clone process, after we have used svrmgrl to create the control file and have altered the database open, we "Select * from v$database" to make sure we didn't screw up the sid for this instance. Then we "select * from global_name". This shows the name of the db from which we cloned. We then "alter database rename global_name to <your name here>" to correct the global name. In our case it is: "alter database rename global_name to bogus.world.com" where "bogus" is the sid name. So far, this has not caused us any harm.

HTH Mark Willett
Database Administrator
Sunnen Products Company
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\   The statements and opinions expressed herein are my own and   do not necessarily reflect those of Sunnen Products Company. \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Author: Ari D Kaplan
INET: akaplan_at_interaccess.com

INET: rsands_at_lendleaserei.com

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com

Author: Lyall Barbour
  INET: lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com

------_=_NextPart_000_01BFCAFF.6564F690

        name="Willett, Mark.vcf"

        filename="Willett, Mark.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1 Received on Wed May 31 2000 - 07:54:45 CDT