Re: Compiling PRO*C program (urgent)

From: Nicholas Tufar <ntufar_at_chemist.gen.tr>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 03:40:08 +0300 (EEST)

> Hi gurus,
>
> How do i compile PRO*C program (daemon.pc) on Oracle
> v8.0.5 & Oracle v8.1.6. I have installed PRO*C v8.0.5
> & v8.1.6 on SUN OS but there is no such file called
> proc.mk . Do i need to create it ? Then how to create
> it?what is the syntax for that? What i have is PROC
> file in bin directory but it doesn't accept EXE & OBJS
> on command line syntax.

If I remember correct it should be somethin like:  $ORACLE_HOME/plsql/lib/env_plsql.mk
in 8.0.5

And to compile you just issue something like:

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/proc sqlcheck=full userid=scott/tiger CHAR_MAP=STRING DBMS=V8 iname=daemon.pc

Look into $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/demo/proc for example Makefiles. These are valid for Oracle 8.0.5 Enterprise Edition.