memorial (day) issue!!

From: Thapliyal, Deepak <DThapliyal_at_ea.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 21:32:38 -0700

greetings,

i have done this umpteen number of times BUT ..

here is the deal.. am trying remote installation from my laptop.

here are the steps

  1. i start x session my NT workstation station (xceed)
  2. do a secure login to my unix 2.6 box from my laptop
  3. set the freakin display to the right value (export DISPLAY=<local IP>:0.0 -->i got the value of loacl IP using ipconfig on command prompt )
  4. do a saninty check to see if OUI will wake by issuing /usr/openwin/bin/xterm &

ya guessed it .. i get a "cant open display error"

what do they say in such situations .. aaarrgg !#!@!! Received on Sat May 27 2000 - 23:32:38 CDT