RE: Oracle DBA opening in Englewood, CO

From: A. Bardeen <abardeen1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 10:14:22 -0700 (PDT)

In my book it's the old 80/20 rule: 80% of your problems come from 20% of your people. I work with DBA's, developers, and end users, and yet some of my dumbest questions come from my co-workers!

I do hold developers to a higher standard than end users though, so I expect them to have a basic understanding of Oracle and relational db's in general.

The stupid questions usually don't bother me, unless I'm having a bad day, and by in large I'm a pretty patient person. It's the same stupid question over and over again from the same person that I can't handle. Like the guy who asked me three times in as many hours how to generate a spool file showing the SQL commands. I told him he'd better write himself a note because if I had to do it for him it would get stapled to his forehead! Unfortunately all he's learned to do is not ask *me* the same question twice, which I guess is an improvement of sorts. He's definitely in the 20%. *sigh*

Just my 2 cents...