Re: RBS File Deleted

From: <Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 10:23:32 -0700

Eric,

If you really don't have any backup (if you do.. please don't use this method!! But to restore and recover the lost file!!), here are the step,

  1. shutdown database (immediate or abort)
  2. edit the init.ora file, comment out the ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS, add the
    _CORRUPTED_ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS and add all the rollback segments there.
  3. startup mount;
  4. alter database datafile '<the rollback datafile that you drop!>' offline drop;
  5. alter database open;
  6. drop tablespace RBS including contents; (you will HAVE TO DROP THE WHOLE TABLESPACE!)
  7. rebuild the rollback segments tablespace and rebuild all rollback segments.

According to Oracle documentation, if any of your rollback segment is active during the time that you delete the file. Some of the transaction or data in the database maybe inconsistent. Do check it out yourself.

Winnie

Eric Fang <eric_fang_at_yahoo.com> on 05/18/2000 11:05:33 AM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Winnie Liu/HQ/ISC)

Subject: RBS File Deleted

I accidently deleted the datafile for a rollback segment. I got the error of Ora-01157: Can not identify data file 6.
How can I bring the database up if I don't have backups(I don't care whether I am going to lose data)?

Thanks in Advance.

Eric Fang

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com/