calling Unix commands from external C programs

From: John Dunn <john.dunn_at_sefas.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 11:00:18 +0100

Having masterd calling external C procedures in Oracle 8.0.5 I now want to be able to run Unix(AIX) commands(and get return code) from such a C routine.

Currently I am using DBMS_PIPE but this is a pain as it needs a daemon running to listen for messages.

Is there a definitive piece of C code anywhere that I can use to run Unix commands?

One complication....I want to run some commands remotely via rsh(and get the return codes from those commands(rather than from rsh)) Received on Wed May 17 2000 - 05:00:18 CDT