RE: Urgent: Clarifications in data transfer...

From: SENTHILKUMAR NALLATHAMBI <senthilkumar.nallathambi_at_tatainfotech.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 13:33:01 +0530 (IST)

Hi Claudia,

        We had considered the Oracle advanced replication and we are using the same for some tables wherein the amount of data transfered over the sqnet is small and where there are only rare changes to these ,essentially maseter, tables. But for the some other tables the data transfered will be more and if replication is used will cost a lot of overheads also. Also for these tables replication is not applicable because of the processing logic on the datas of the tables.

        So we are looking for either a dblink operation wherein we have to consider all the distributed transaction issues or a typical spool-ftp-load method.

        According to me both methods are almost same on the network traffic. But different in the methods of handling. In a spool and load method, we need not consider the distributed transaction issues. But it needs manual intervention. But in case of dblink transfer it can be automated easily, but the dblink issues have to be considered.

        So i need to take a decision whether to use dblink or spool-load method. Any help in this respect will be of great use.

NS.