Urgent: Clarifications in data transfer...

From: SENTHILKUMAR NALLATHAMBI <senthilkumar.nallathambi_at_tatainfotech.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 19:33:00 +0530 (IST)

Hi gurus,

I have two databases A and B and need to transfer data between them. A and B are located in geographically different regions. The link between them is either a leased or a dialup over a VSN line. I have same table structures in both the database.  Average load would be 500 - 1000 records (600 bytes/record) per day. The peak load will be 20,000 (600 bytes/record) records/day .

I would like to know the efficient mode of data transfer. I will be transferring record in batch mode.

I thought of two alternatives:

1.Creating a dblink and transferring the information between the database. 2.Use SQL loader, create flat files and transfer the flat file.

I also like to know the main issues that i must consider while doing on a dblink and the exceptions that i need to handle.

Any help will be of great use, Received on Tue May 16 2000 - 09:03:00 CDT