concurrent connection limit

From: Kevin Tsay <Kevin_Tsay_at_liz.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 11:19:41 -0700

hi listers:

Does anyone know if there is any limit for concurrent connection a listener can handle by using (protocol=ipc) ?

platform HP-UX 10.20
Oracle 7.3.4.3
Oracle networking using names server (i.e. we have listener.ora, names.ora, sqlnet.ora)

The problem is we've experienced sporadically ORA-12154 :TNS could not resolve service name and this was happened when there were some background jobs in UNIX did a "sqlplus -s user/passwd_at_sid"
and the job received this error. The weird thing is a minute before the other job went thru but the next minute later this job failed. So I suspect is there any concurrent connection limit that a listener can handle ?

Any ideas ?

TIA Received on Fri May 05 2000 - 13:19:41 CDT