RE: Interview Questions

From: Deshpande, Kirti <Kirti.Deshpande_at_gtedc.gte.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 07:22:18 -0500

Here are my favourites, (if seeking a permanent position). Not too technical, but give me an idea of how 'detail oriented' the group is and what kind of stress levels I will be expecting. When was the last time you conducted a 'drill' to test your backup/recovery plan? What was the outcome?
How long did it take to get the database up and running? What is the cost to the organization (in terms of lost revenue and other $$ from loss of productivity) of 1 Hour DB outage? HTH some...
- Kirti